We’re still in the Post-Grad editions folks. I swear this will be over soon.
- Spotify App. I honestly love this. It’s worth paying £4.00 for, seeing as my mp3 player is actually about 7 years old.
- My student card. I’m really gonna miss all my discounts (see above…)
- Creations aromatic. As mentioned in a previous post, humans are the only animals to alter the smell of their environment. I do it with Creations. They are supposed to last around 10 hours but mine have all lasted way longer. I like the blueberry one.
- LUSH Shampoo bars. This year I have only spent £11.50 on shampoo. Here’s the thing. £5.75 is a lot for a bar of shampoo, I’ll admit. But it lasts about 5 or 6 times longer than regular bottles. And my hair is loooong. It needs a lot of shampoo. I’m just a huge fan. It’s so worth it. I like the one that smells like honey.
- Mindfulness colouring books. Colouring books for adults. I’m in the middle of my dissertation and they are so therapeutic and relaxing. I think their perfect for anyone with a stressful lifestyle. It’s a great way to just switch off and not think about anything for 10 minutes.
- Kale chips. I know, I’m vile. I have baked leaf as a snack. But trust me. Get a baking sheet and line it grease proof paper. Put loads of kale on it, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then go nuts. I like vinegar, salt and pepper, but you can try lemon or chipotle or whatever. Bake them at 180oC for about ten minutes until they’re about to turn brownish and eat. Delicious.
- Dogs. I am a dog walker. Try Holidogs to do a similar things. Earn money to walk cute pooches. Win win!
- Snyders Pretzel pieces. Hot buffalo wing flavour will rock your world. You can thank me later.
- Moleskin journals. I’ve spent most of my adult life wanting one and now I finally have a glorious red one. I love it.
- Planning. I’m finally going on the trip of my dreams and doing the Pacific Coast Highway in a caravan! Anyone who has been following this blog since I first started posting will know what a big deal this is to me, and I’m hugely excited to head off.
As always tag me in your monthly favourites because I love reading them! Peace xx
Monthly Favourites. So far not so monthly but I’m finding that writing is a good outlet for me just now so I intend to keep this blog up a bit more. Still in the midst of Post Graduate studies, still looking for a quick way to save time and money…
- Late night Tesco shops. Everything is discounted and there’s no queue. Perfection.
- Sleepyti.me. You can download this as an app as well. It suggests when you should fall asleep and when you should wake up if you were to fall asleep at a certain time so that you can wake up “naturally”. I’ll admit I’ve resorted to different alarms everyday so that I don’t become accustomed. I miss sleeping.
- Instagram. In times of stress I like to take a 5 minute break to tweak some travel photos and put them on instagram. It’s the ultimate ego wank but also very therapeutic and procrastinationy
- Craft beers/ciders. There’s something about drinking a ThistlyCross cider whilst doing an essay that makes me feel quite smug…
- My Naked 2 palette from Urban decay. In two swipes of glitter across my eye lid I can convince everyone I’m a real human that puts effort into her appearance. Genius.
- Hula Hooping. I invested in a weighted hoop. While my room isn’t big enough to swing a cat in I can sure as hell use a 3Kg hula hoop (so long as I can keep it around my waist otherwise it hits off the bed. Maybe I should try it in heels?)
- Pole dancing. When I was about 19 I used to pole dance with the university and recently a friend and I decided to give it another go. I think I should get a blood test because I am bruising like a peach as a result but It’s super fun and super good for you. Plus when you’re drunk you can try and do it for free on lampposts. Win.
- The stock market. Don’t ask, it’s just been fascinating me recently.
- Yankee candle offers. Humans are one of the only animals to alter the scent of the place they live in, so why not choose to live in a red apple or a mint leaf. (Hint – I like the minty ones, send me some.)
- Franks hot sauce. Have you ever tasted that stuff? I’m just really into it at the moment.
- Discounted meats. Someone tell me where I can find more discounted meats.
- Just-eat vouchers. Gimme gimme gimme.
- Tetley tea bags. These were possibly in the old monthly favourites but you can’t say I’m not consistent. Love you guys, thanks for all the caffeine.
- Ok, ok. A serious one. Lush’s “Silky Underwear” dusting powder. It smells so god man. It saves valuable time drying in the mornings, just empty the bottle onto your body then put clothes on.
- 2 o’clock lectures. Days where I have lectures are the days where I can actually wash my hair (it’s a trail and a tribulation in itself) exfoliate and moisturise (I heard girls are supposed to do that) and eat a decent meal before going. Who honestly has time to do their hair and make up and choose a well coordinated outfit before a nine o’clock lecture when you have a 30 minute commute. There’s a reason I look like I get dressed in the dark, and it’s because I do!.
Tag me in your monthly favourites. You can see my old one from November here.