Monthly Favourites. So far not so monthly but I’m finding that writing is a good outlet for me just now so I intend to keep this blog up a bit more. Still in the midst of Post Graduate studies, still looking for a quick way to save time and money…
- Late night Tesco shops. Everything is discounted and there’s no queue. Perfection.
- Sleepyti.me. You can download this as an app as well. It suggests when you should fall asleep and when you should wake up if you were to fall asleep at a certain time so that you can wake up “naturally”. I’ll admit I’ve resorted to different alarms everyday so that I don’t become accustomed. I miss sleeping.
- Instagram. In times of stress I like to take a 5 minute break to tweak some travel photos and put them on instagram. It’s the ultimate ego wank but also very therapeutic and procrastinationy
- Craft beers/ciders. There’s something about drinking a ThistlyCross cider whilst doing an essay that makes me feel quite smug…
- My Naked 2 palette from Urban decay. In two swipes of glitter across my eye lid I can convince everyone I’m a real human that puts effort into her appearance. Genius.
- Hula Hooping. I invested in a weighted hoop. While my room isn’t big enough to swing a cat in I can sure as hell use a 3Kg hula hoop (so long as I can keep it around my waist otherwise it hits off the bed. Maybe I should try it in heels?)
- Pole dancing. When I was about 19 I used to pole dance with the university and recently a friend and I decided to give it another go. I think I should get a blood test because I am bruising like a peach as a result but It’s super fun and super good for you. Plus when you’re drunk you can try and do it for free on lampposts. Win.
- The stock market. Don’t ask, it’s just been fascinating me recently.
- Yankee candle offers. Humans are one of the only animals to alter the scent of the place they live in, so why not choose to live in a red apple or a mint leaf. (Hint – I like the minty ones, send me some.)
- Franks hot sauce. Have you ever tasted that stuff? I’m just really into it at the moment.
- Discounted meats. Someone tell me where I can find more discounted meats.
- Just-eat vouchers. Gimme gimme gimme.
- Tetley tea bags. These were possibly in the old monthly favourites but you can’t say I’m not consistent. Love you guys, thanks for all the caffeine.
- Ok, ok. A serious one. Lush’s “Silky Underwear” dusting powder. It smells so god man. It saves valuable time drying in the mornings, just empty the bottle onto your body then put clothes on.
- 2 o’clock lectures. Days where I have lectures are the days where I can actually wash my hair (it’s a trail and a tribulation in itself) exfoliate and moisturise (I heard girls are supposed to do that) and eat a decent meal before going. Who honestly has time to do their hair and make up and choose a well coordinated outfit before a nine o’clock lecture when you have a 30 minute commute. There’s a reason I look like I get dressed in the dark, and it’s because I do!.
Tag me in your monthly favourites. You can see my old one from November here.